About Martin Kavanagh
Martin Kavanagh is a qualified Veterinarian, Cow Signals® Master trainer and Herd Performance Consultant. He is based in Southern Ireland and has worked both on the island of Ireland and internationally in the animal health and agri-business sectors for the last 27 years.
What do I do?
My veterinary expertise is in herd health problem solving calf health, udder health, cow nutrition, particularly dry and transition cow management, infectious disease management, lameness management, and fertility investigation and management.
My job is to take an objective overview of the health of the farm system and prioritise the next steps to ensure sustainable and economic animal performance in the short and long term.
I design health and production protocols for the herd and provide training and support for farmers and farm staff.
For companies and organizations, I provide technical and training support. I am an effective translator of complex animal health systems and specialize in presentation and communications to a non-technical audience.
I have worked at board level in directorship positions, chaired technical and implementation committees, and guided strategic policy.
Martin Kavanagh MVB MRCVS Cert. DHH
Silva, Dromline Rd., Tipperary, Co.Tipperary
Phone: +353 (0) 86 2532478
What Martin Believes:
- I believe that animal health and production issues can be managed by getting the herd in balance. I believe that there is no one quick solution to herd health and performance – it’s a long game but when you get it right it stays right. I believe the farmer should be in control of the herd performance.
- I believe in honest, clear and open communication.
- My purpose is to take an objective overview at farm level and prioritise the next steps to ensure the best economic results in the short and long term.
- My expertise is in herd health problem solving, cow nutrition particularly dry and transition cow management, calf health, infectious disease management, lameness management, fertility investigation and somatic cell count control.
- I will give an independent view and problem-solving is based on evidence gathered.
- If I cannot gather the evidence or cannot see the solution or if I need help, I will tell you.