About Martin Kavanagh
Martin Kavanagh is a qualified veterinarian, Cow Signals® trainer and dairy herd health consultant. He has worked internationally in a variety of ruminant production systems. Over the past 20 years he has worked in roles as a farmer, practising veterinarian, cattle nutritionist, in agri-business and skills training.
Martin Kavanagh MVB MRCVS Cert. DHH
Silva, Dromline Rd., Tipperary, Co.Tipperary
Phone: +353 (0) 86 2532478
What Martin Believes:
- I believe that animal health and production issues can be managed by getting the herd in balance. I believe that there is no one quick solution to herd health and performance – it’s a long game but when you get it right it stays right. I believe the farmer should be in control of the herd performance.
- I believe in honest, clear and open communication.
- My purpose is to take an objective overview at farm level and prioritise the next steps to ensure the best economic results in the short and long term.
- My expertise is in herd health problem solving, cow nutrition particularly dry and transition cow management, calf health, infectious disease management, lameness management, fertility investigation and somatic cell count control.
- I will give an independent view and problem-solving is based on evidence gathered.
- If I cannot gather the evidence or cannot see the solution or if I need help, I will tell you.